When Should You Plan?
Income Tax Planning should be done throughout the entire year but it is most important at the end of each year (i.e., “year-end” tax planning). Depending on your situation for the current tax year, it may make sense to defer income, if possible, into the following tax year and to accelerate deductions, if appropriate, into the current tax year.
Consider these tax planning strategies:
Our Certified Financial PlannersTM are also Certified Public Accountants that can help you find the best strategies.
- Prepare Multiple Year Income Tax Projections
- Considering the Impact of the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)
- Avoiding Underpayment of Estimated Tax Penalties
- Strategies for taking Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) from IRA accounts
- Taking advantage of all available income tax deductions
- Tax Loss Harvesting” – Consider offsetting capital gains by realizing capital losses
- Consider a “Donor-Advised Fund” for charity
- Consider a Roth IRA Conversion
The above list is just some of the tax planning strategies that should be considered when performing proper income tax planning. At DHJJ Financial Advisors, we are more than just investment advisers. We look at your entire financial picture to make sure that you keep every dollar that you are legally entitled to keep and pay as little income tax as you are obligated to pay.
How to Choose The Right Financial Advisor For You Wealth management is no easy task. With all the…
The county seat of Kane County, IL, Geneva is a quaint, thriving city in the western Chicago suburbs.…
Although some individuals shrink away from working with professional financial planners because they feel it is something they…
Connect with us
We’d love to help you!